This course provides an overview and discussion of the document that governs the federal acquisition process, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). The federal government is the largest buyer of goods and services in the world, and executive branch agencies make most of these purchases. Many (although not all) acquisitions by executive branch agencies are subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
For new acquisition personnel, this course will provide a broad introduction that will thoroughly familiarize the attendee with the FAR; with focus on understanding of its application and familiarity with its structure
1. The participant will be able understand the origins of the FAR and its overall layout.
2. The participant will be able to describe its application to the federal procurement process.
3. The participant will learn how to quickly and efficiently locate pertinent information within the FAR for specific application.
- The underlying FAR system
- Administration and Organization of the FAR
- Agency Supplement to the FAR
- Agency Implementation of the FAR
- The Numbering System of the FAR
- Clauses, Provisions, and Forms associated with the FAR
Type of Course: 1 day – Instructor Led